Friday, April 11, 2008

Perfect 10

I forgot to tell you about something that happened yesterday. I was working with the chicken wire at the top of the wall. I was standing on a plank laid across two cable spools. I needed to get off so I walked to the end of the plank and stepped on the corner of the spool assuming it was solid. It was more like a diving board! My hammer flew out of my hand and I was flung up off of the corner. I landed on my two feet in a crouch at which point I stood straight up and threw my arms up, head back, to complete my dismount! Two Hondurans were in the room, along with Carolyn and Joey. Carolyn and Joey were laughing hysterically and the Hondurans were hyperventilating thinking they were present when a gringa killed herself! Carolyn and Joey agreed that I stuck the landing and gave me a perfect 10! The Honduran workers looked at me with caution the rest of the day.