Saturday, August 16, 2008

Parque de Mitzi


Well, this morning started at 6AM with a very unexpected turn of events which caused a schedule change. We ended up spending all morning at Erika's with the 17 Koreans who arrived yesterday to work at another ministry called Jericho. They got here in time to go to a healing celebratory for Betsy last night. Today they were scheduled to do a medical mission. They were finally able to leave at about 11:30. They haven't returned yet - I hope they accomplished alot.

We left for SBV soon after. The construction workers were gone (they only work half a day on Saturday) so the only "work" was to play with the kids on the not quite done playground. I feel comfortable leaving the rest of the work in the able hands of Franklin, Wilmer and the rest of the crew. As soon as we gave the word, the playground was crawling with happy, shouting children!

I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Suffice it to say, all the trials and tribulations getting to this afternoon were worth it! Finally, these precious children will have a place to play! Thanks be to God!

Hasta la luego and I can't wait till my return in March!

(Note to my family: I could feel Mom's presence so strongly this afternoon. I think this makes her very happy.)